We are an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRvoke, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
TEAM LEWIS is seeking an experienced and dynamic HR Manager for APAC, to be based in our Malaysia office. These offices include Singapore (regional HQ), Malaysia, Australia, Hong Kong and China. Reporting to the Senior Talent Manager, APAC, this role is responsible for providing effective and efficient HR leadership to the team in the APAC region. The HR Manager will own the people operations activities to ensure best practice across all areas of HR. This includes our operational and compliance areas; engagement and retention initiatives and supporting the roll out of global and regional people programs.
An extremely international opportunity, this role will also form part of the global People/Talent team.
HR Business Partnering
- Develop strong relationships with the APAC senior team to understand and identify human resource and talent needs across, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Maintain knowledge and analyse trends in compensation and benefits, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Ensure employee personnel records, contracts, benefits, and HR assets are up to date and logged into TEAM LEWIS HR platforms for accuracy and compliance
- Track, manage and own employee relations processes relating to all employees leave variations i.e. annual leave, sick leave, maternity leave, hospitalisation etc.
- Lead operational requirements relating to training & development
- Own and manage exit interviews of leavers, sharing feedback and recommendations where appropriate
- Provide guidance and support across staff benefits including leaves and insurance/medical claims
Work closely with the regional & global HR team to ensure all internal initiatives are managed and implemented accordingly
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service in relation to employee relations matters; manage issues through to resolution
- Anticipate and investigate people related issues and report on findings with recommendations, taking into account best practice, law, policies and precedent; coach and support management accordingly.
- Manages the induction process (including relevant documentation) for all new starters in APAC, ensuring a smooth induction into TEAM LEWIS
- Sends out reminders to line managers for mid and end probationary reviews, flagging any concerns to the HR team
- Responds to probation period queries in a timely manner, escalating to the broader HR team, where necessary
- Collate responses and organise face to face check in meetings where necessary, flagging any concerns to the HR team
- Oversee (with continual review and enhancement of) the on-boarding and induction process for all new starters, ensuring a smooth introduction to TEAM LEWIS
- Ensure regular feedback sessions with new and existing team members in order to proactively recommend areas of improvement and ensure consistent engagement
- Review benefits - make recommendations accordingly to ensure competitiveness
- Contribute to, and roll-out, engagement initiatives created with the global HR team
- Promote and help nurture an excellent culture – help identify areas that require improvement, making recommendations and actioning accordingly
Reporting, operations and analysis
- Identify useful ad-hoc reports and/or analysis to help drive people related programmes
- Be a super-user on the dedicated HR platform with full administrative capabilities; review the system for improvements and ensure that it is being used to its full capacity
- Ensure regular audits of the server files and HR platform to ensure that all documentation is present and that information is accurate.
- Provide support for recruitment in Spain and on the strategic investment hiring plan as required.
- Be a cultural ambassador: showcase initiatives using social media channels
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems, practices and policies, ensuring that they underpin our company culture.
- Strong HR generalist skill set – ideal if gained within an international company in a fast moving, dynamic and creative industry e.g. PR, advertising, marketing, broadcast, recruitment
- Collaborative self-starter with ideas and initiative, who is goal driven
- Experience of partnering with senior management and of influencing and guiding their decisions
- Sound knowledge, understanding and practical application of employment law
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency on social media and enthusiasm to engage and promote on the platforms available
- Experience of using a HR system – Bamboo HR would be a bonus
- Experience of managing all aspects of payroll and understanding of payroll compliance
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, confident, charismatic, and a sense of humour! - a credible team player.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.